Few serious Problems about opening MTA client

CarlJ

after i install MTA client, the program does not show up and when i try to open it, it says 'only one MTA Client can be run at a time' (or something simliar to that)..and i cant even close it with task manager to close it! even after i uninstall MTA Client, it says it's still running. :cry:

thx

Yes, i have this damn same problem, and have had it ever since i first started using MTA, it is so annoying because MTA has never worked :cry:

and i never knew what to do with it :(

so can yall help please? :(

Which page of the Task Manager are you looking at?

Is it this one:

task%20manager.jpg

or this one?

task_manager_explorer.gif

The first one only tends to display visible applications. MTA could still be running, but not displaying in that list. Check on the second tab for MTAClient.exe and if it is running, close it.

yeah, we aint stupid, we know its running, but it isn't visible, i tried closing it and re-running etc, but it doesn't show, even waiting AGES, then try again and it says already open, its just like an interface problem or something, but its fucked up and annoying :evil:

I've had this twice, I think what I did first time is just restart. 2nd time, restart and un/reinstall didn't work so I think I deleted the mta.ini file.

People have said its in the MTA install folder but mines always resided in C:\WINDOWS

Thats the one file that never uninstalled with MTA for me. So I always figure its the culprit.

Finally if the above isnt working out, try uninstalling and then go to start > run > regedit

Do control+f for MTA (and other variations) and delete the folders/keys it finds. Warning: dont delete anything you arent sure is for MTA. The regedit is basically instructions to run your computer's programs. It also is a hiding place for trial versions of programs to make sure you dont just uninstall/reinstall (they arent named anything obvious). Well.. those sort of things hide in regedit also.

Use windows search and simply type "mta"

then look for mta.ini in list and delete (notepad with a cogwheel).

It recreates itself when you restart MTA. You'll know if you did it because your name will be reset to MTAPlayer, no server entered, no history, etc.