Jump to content

zaneboy2

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About zaneboy2

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Update: Renamed the folder without the '[ ]' and it worked! Special thanks to Jaysds1 and dzek for their contribution!
  2. Alright, thanks for the help so far, I'm getting somewhere! But I'm not across the finish yet. I created my admin account, did the whole procedure as stated in the wiki. Once in the map editor again I logged in, did a refresh to update my resources and when I typed start resourcename it gave the message "start: Resource could not be found". I did place the removeworldmodel files (client.lua, server.lua and meta.xml) in a map and added the '[ ]' brackets and placed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\server\mods\deathmatch\resources directory. Any idea what could have gone wrong?
  3. I did everything Jaysds1 stated and no effect. And how exactly do I start a resource after I started the map editor? Sorry but I'm a total "newbie" when it comes to scripting etc. I tried to search the wiki too but I probably don't know very well where to search correctly. No worries on that.
  4. Sorry for the bump but; where do I need to place these files? I read on the wiki that they need to be put in the resources map file as I always thought they had to be in the map file itself. I did put them in the resources map file but still no effect. Maybe I place them in a totally wrong directory?
  5. Alright, checked my meta.xml file, rechecked my .lua file and it still won't work for me. All the objects still appear in game, even when I zoom out and back in much in order to let everything re-stream. I honestly don't know my problem here.
  6. Even that didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Even downloaded Notepad++ and redid everything, thinking that the normal notepad could give some problems but it seems that it doesn't make a difference. I suppose MTA doesn't use the .lua file at all then? Meaning that I might have forgot something, I don't know what exactly. Cause you only need to edit the meta.xml file in order to link the .lua file to MTA, right?
  7. I hovered with the crosshair icon at the object and it didn't show any LOD ID so I suppose it doesn't have any.
  8. Thanks for the reply! I tried some things with the information provided there but no success. To test, I attempted to remove the big ear object from the map. In the screenshot below are all my files (.lua file and meta.xml file). I don't know if I scripted something wrong or not. I also tried to go around the map in the map editor in order to let everything reload in case it would have been streamed already. screenshot: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8748 ... shotpv.png Thanks for the assistance so far!
  9. Hello all! I created this account here cause I have a rather annoying problem. I'm trying to start mapping on a decent level with MTA (did some mappings before). So far I managed to implement the 0.3 SAMP objects into MTA which is great. Now I'm trying to remove standard objects/buildings in SA so I'm able to map over them. I already did some research and visited the removeWorldModel wiki page and several other topics spread across this forum. I spent a lot of hours searching for a decent guide/tutorial but so far I haven't found one. I already created my own .lua script and edited all the re
×
×
  • Create New...