[Rel] Dealman's Resources

Dealman

Hello, I've been working with MTA for a while now and have specifically focused on GUI and managing streaming. So far I've made 2 "Major" Resources, which I plan to release. One of them is at what I would call a product ready for release.

[F*A*G] Radio V2.3.1

This Resource is a client-side interface for streaming internet radios. It is designed so you can easily add new channels should you find some you'd like to add. (Via editing the script, I did not add a dynamic library to this as I did for Streamster. I might add it later.)

I decided not to make this server-side so everyone can listen to the radio channel they want to, whenever they want to. It also comes with a visualization to make it look a bit more interesting.

Features:

[Main Features]

• 30 Different Channels ranging from Rock to Chiptunes (No Hip-Hop/Rap was added)

• Audio Visualizer

• 4 Different Visualizer Effects

• Library to find your favourite channel faster

• Ability to search for channels in the Library

• Option to automatically mute other streams

[Keybinds]

Toggle the GUI On or Off

Left Shift + R

Play or Stop the stream

Left Shift + Arrow Up

Previous Channel

Left Shift + Arrow Left

Next Channel

Left Shift + Arrow Right

Change Volume Up/Down

Left Shift + Mouse Wheel Up/Down (Scroll)

[Commands] (Not case-sensitive)

Toggle the GUI On or Off

/Radio

Show Information Window

/RadioHelp

[Planned Features]

• More Radio Channels

• Option for a Simplified Interface (Smaller, less buttons)

• Open for Suggestions

[Changelog]

2013-09-29

[New]: Option to output a message whenever some external sound is started. Off by default.

[New]: Option to render Artist/Song Meta Info at the bottom right of the screen. Off by default.

[New]: Option to show Artist/Song Meta Info in the visualizer. Off by default.

[New]: 11 New Radio Channels have been added.

[Removed]: Removed button highlighting as I deemed it unnecessary as well as it didn't look that great, thus not worth fixing it.

2013-10-02

[New]: Option to set other sounds to same volume as the Radio.

[Changed]: Muting other sounds automatically set to off by default, changed from on.

[Fixed]: Meta Info should now update correctly when changing channel with Shift + Left/Right Arrow.

[screenshots]

nqiP5pQ.png

j8FUaAl.png

Note: I believe that the Chicago radio might be blocked in the UK, someone please confirm this.

[F*A*G] Streamster

This Resource on the other hand is for actually streaming server-side music or internet radios as well. The purpose of this resource is to make use of all the available functions we have to manipulate audio through MTA - and of course to make it easier for you to do so.

It is currently not ready for release as it still has some pretty severe bugs that need to sorted. As well as I'm considering re-designing the GUI entirely. It already has 2 fully functional and dynamix XML-driven libraries.

With dynamic, I mean that you can Stream, Add, Delete, Edit the entires on the fly and it will be saved automatically. So in case you find a good link to a song you like and you would like to save it for later use, you can simply press Add, enter the URL and Artist - Song Name, save it. Done.

Features:

[Main Features]

• Fully Dynamic Libraries for Songs and Radios

• Ability to speed up the playback rate

• Ability to pan the playback rate between 1% and 200% (Can be hilarious)

• Ability to apply various audio effects

• Everything is server-side

• Much, much more to come!

[screenshots]

Those screenshots are early sneak peeks. All of the design and code is a work in progress and subject to change.

Sreenshot 1: Link

P0tCA1h.png

Screenshot 2: Link

Zab8RWz.png

[F*A*G] Chart Editor

This is a little resource I made after finding out about the Google Charts API. It uses a very basic, URL based API. It comes with a simple and easy-to-use GUI which allows you to edit various parameters to make the chart you want.

Please take note that this resource was only made as a proof-of-concept as well as for experimentation. And as such, support and updates will be limited - if any.

[Keybinds]

Toggle the GUI On or Off

B

Toggle the Cursor On or Off

F3

[screenshots]

gvvRcaS.png

[Downloads]

[F*A*G] Radio V2.0

MediaFire V2.0

MTA Community

[F*A*G] Radio V2.3

MediaFire V2.3

MTA Community

[F*A*G] Radio V2.3.1 Most Recent!

MediaFire V2.3.1

MTA Community

[F*A*G] Streamster

2014-01-18

[Notification]: I am currently re-writing it from scratch. Screenshots will be posted soon!

[F*A*G] Chart Editor V1.0

MediaFire V1.0

MTA Community

Disclaimer:

All my resources are released as Open Source, you are free to edit and re-distribute them in whichever way you like. Credits are of course appreciated. Hope you enjoy either of my resources!

Credits:

Credits go to my friend Hex547 for incredible support when I get stuck, as well as Driggero for being a sexy schmuck.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

Radio updated to version 2.3, new download links as well as changelog has been added in the original post. Make sure you read it so you know what's new!

Also, I will look into making it so you can move the DX Text Drawings to wherever you want while in-game, since players have different preferences of where to have stuff on their screen.

Edit:

If you don't want other sound elements to be automatically muted, simply edit line 232;

radioMuteOtherStreams = guiCreateCheckBox(218, 32, 132, 15, "Mute Other Streams", true, false, radioSettingsTab) 

Change the first true to false, and it will be off by default.

Released Radio 2.3.1, kind of a hotfix which makes some changes based on feedback and fixed a bug.

[New]: Option to set other sounds to same volume as the Radio. Radio was doing this automatically in previous versions without any option.

[Changed]: Muting other sounds automatically set to off by default, changed from on by default.

[Fixed]: Meta Info should now update correctly when changing channel with Shift + Left/Right Arrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(No Hip-Hop/Rap was added)

HIP-HOP/RAP OR GTFO.

I primarily made this for my own usage but due to feedback I decided to release it. As mentioned, it is open-source and you're free to modify it in whatever way you deem fit.

Whether to add more channels or change something else. I think I did a big move enough to add Dubstep, I had to take a shower after that.

Jokes aside, I primarily added what I wanted and what got requested. I then released it as-is. I had plans to update it and make the library XML based - but I'm currently busy with work, so I won't have time to do that for a while. :cry:

• 2 months later...

Released a little GUI for making some very basic charts using the Google Charts API. Credits go to csmit195 for mentioning the API in another thread!

Note: Resource needs permission to use fetchRemote. Remember to add it to the ACL.

Edit:

I'm also currently in the process of re-writing the Streamster from scratch. So far it's coming along pretty nicely. The design is still a work in progress, especially the Queue tab.

P0tCA1h.png

Screenshot 2: Link

Zab8RWz.png

Very impressing! Also I would ask a question if possible. Is there any way to change the pie chart to lets say bar chart or venn diagram?

Yeah, you can change the chart type by editing the script itself.

chartChartType = guiCreateEdit(0.02, 0.30, 0.46, 0.09, "p3", true, chartMainWindow) 
    guiEditSetReadOnly(chartChartType, true) 

You can either change the string or remove the read only function. I've been working on a new GUI for it which allows for a little more customizing, including transparent backgrounds. However, it's not a high priority of mine :)