Oblivion Lost Project

TEDERIs

Not many people know about the project I'm working on for several years. This project is based on the popular game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. It took many months of research and experimentation. Was realized a lot of things with very different complexity. The video below demonstrates the game environment and a some opportunities ready for now:

Here can be seen:

- Reimplemented grass swinging in the wind

- Dynamic skybox

- Soft shadows based on light maps

- Light points

- Particle system (for example firebin)

- Reimplemented day-night cycle with time map

- And many small features...

Looks epic, like another game. When do you think it will be finished?

I'm working on a project alone. Therefore, the development lasted for many years. At the moment I recruit a team of mappers who will work on the map. Once this is done, the development will go much faster.

• 1 month later...

OMG, i`m S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan since those beginnings and had a lot of nice years with it (my nick was Utility/Samake03). Im really impressed of your great work. Keep it up.

The funny thing is: I´ve tried to rework S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weathersystem (including sky and dynamiclights) for MTA too, but it was never finished. I was using same stalker assets. :D

PS: My current particle work is based on stalker assets too and his name xrParticles is related to stalker´s particles.xr.

Was a shame to GSC in what points this all was ending. Survarium is lame, so i hope your project will catch the great atmosphere. Keep it up, your project trailers are more than amazing!!!

MTA is the best sandbox api i´ve ever used, so many possibilities!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember it. It was going to be a really really good project but if I'm not wrong an issue when processing high-polygon col models stopped you.

Well, it looks great. Finally, someone using MTA potential near its peak. I'm sick of servers still using MTA embedded GUI. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad and those servers aren't bad, but MTA has much more to show.

• 2 months later...

I want to share some news about our project. The last few months we have been working on the TForest system, which allows to draw over than 10 000 plants at a time. Each tree has a lowpoly billboard LOD that follows the camera and change the texture depending on its position. All trees are grouped into clusters. When a player creates a new tree, TForest starts automatic construction process within a certain radius from the player. Each cluster will be created geometry, collision and LOD. Below are a few WIP screenshots:

Xsc9.jpg

http://funkyimg.com/i/Xsc9.jpg

Xscc.jpg

http://funkyimg.com/i/Xscc.jpg

But the project is going through a moment of crisis and suffering. We are actively seeking lowpoly modeler to create high-quality collisions. If you are interested in our project and has experience in the Blender package or 3DS Max, please contact us. Thanks!