[REL] Mod Shop v1.5! (You must have it!)

50p

Mod Shop (tuning shop) v1.5

Description:

I think it's the most awaited script by most freeroam and some RP-like servers!

As its name says it is a tuning shop resource. As you probably know, tuning shops are not synched in MTA, therefore you can't modify cars just like in Single Player (SP). Here is the "saviour" who allows you to do that. You can "pimp your ride" as if you were in SP, well almost. Currently there is only one garage in each city.

Features for players:

* upgrading vehicles in any mod shops in SA (3 shops currently, one in each city)

* animated GUI windows

* camera rotating around your car while upgrading

* you can upgrade any vehicle in any shop

Features for scripters:

* scripters have the following abilities:

- functions:

o getItemPrice( modid ) - returns specific item's (upgrade id) price, false otherwise

o getItemName( modid ) - returns specific item's (upgrade id) name, false otherwise

o getItemIDFromName( upgradename ) - returns upgrade id of the specific upgrade item's name, false otherwise (it may be a buggy function)

o getVehicleModShop( vehicle ) - returns shop's marker that vehicle is currently being modified, false otherwise

o isVehicleInModShop( vehicle ) - return true if vehicle is currently being modified, false otherwise

o getVehicleTuner(vehicle ) - returns player element that is currently upgrading specified vehicle, false otherwise

- events:

o onVehicleMod - triggered when player modifies his vehicle (might be a bit buggy)

- parameters: ( upgrades, colors, paintjob, shopName )

- source: the vehicle that has been upgraded

(Note: these function names may not be easy to understand because of "Item" in them)

Little showoff video:

A bit outdated, all known bugs were fixed.

Installation:

Just paste the modshop.zip into your server's resources subfolder, refresh your resources (if server is running) and start the resource or start the server (if it's not running)

Download link:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=169

Changelog:

* the help file could not be read because of & (amp sign)

* SERIOUS BUG fixed: bug not allowing you to leave shop when you pressed exit and had not enough money, even after items were uninstalled!

* added tune icon when the marker streams in

* fixed: vehicle get unfrozen when player in shop quits server...

* added: time limit to say in tune shop is 3 minutes, you can change it in server.lua (line 27)

* fixed: works with MTA 1.0

Edited by Guest
  • Thanks 1
Nice resource, how about placing some radar icons for on the map? ID 27 (tuning blip)

Added in 1.4.

NOTE: I Recommend you to download the new 1.4 because in 1.3 was a serious bug related to money message!

Could you please remove hydraulics from monster as option. if you give a monster truck hydraulics it shoots to the ground and slides away lol. While it is funny I can see lots of issues spawning from that one thing.

found 1 "bug" not major though:P

If i swich classes in spawnmenu a big red icon apears in the middle of my screen

also on some places in game you see it.

But i like the script very much nice job on the menus "the pupupmenu" looks nice

That's because the script creates mod shop icon when a shop marker gets streamed in. Unfortunately creating blips looks like that.

Thanks for using script. Someone doesn't seem to like it (or is jealous)...

If i swich classes in spawnmenu a big red icon apears in the middle of my screen

But i like the script very much nice job on the menus "the pupupmenu" looks nice

That's because the script creates mod shop icon when a shop marker gets streamed in. Unfortunately creating blips looks like that.

Try to use a timer, for that blip issue

Try to use a timer, for that blip issue

Timers for what? Creating blips looks like that. I don't show/hide blips because they are buggy in dp2.

EDIT:

Updated to 1.4.1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have the problem only with the Remington.

In MTA 1.0 the Wheel Arch Angels Garage Doors goes not up or down.

Can you fix that plz :D THX

This was made ages ago for DP2.x. In the old days, garages were opened. I was planning to rewrite this for 1.0 with all garages that were used in SP but I'm busy with the Script Editor now.

You can fix it yourself, just open file server.lua and add this:

addEventHandler( "onResourceStart", getResourceRootElement( getThisResource() ),
function( )
setGarageOpen( 15, true ); -- open Wheel Archangels when resource starts
end
)

THX now the garage is open but when i click on "exit" in the menu, i can see the menu all the time when i am out of the tuning garage.

Sorry, but I can't dig deeper. If you don't want any animations like fading out the window you should find the GUI variables and use guiSetVisible() to hide it. I can't help you with this now... As I said, I'm busy with Script Editor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...