A bit over 8 months have passed since our last release, so we think it is about the time we present you the next installment of MTA:SA - 1.3.1. This version is backwards-compatible with 1.3-based clients and server. Even so, we would like to encourage both the 1.3 players and server owners to upgrade to the latest version to benefit from the changes we made in this release since it contains quite a few.
There have been over 850 svn updates pushed since the last release, some of which you might find impressive:
- Added support for Windows 8
- MTA:SA client installers (main and nightlies) are now digitally signed
- Increased max players for a single server to 4096
- New features: BASS Effects (video), Analog Controls States, Bullet Sync and Custom Vehicle Sirens (video1 video2 video3)
- Added ability to create pedless weapons via weapon creation (video)
- Added ability to shoot with any weapon with jetpack (video1 video2)
- Editor stability improvements and new features
- ... and much more!
You can find the notable changes here: Changes in 1.3.1
For an even more detailed list see: http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-blue/source/list?num=25&start=3769 (r3745 and above) and http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-resources/source/list?num=25&start=852 (r828 and above)
You can download the new release here: http://www.multitheftauto.com.
If you are looking for the Linux server, you can download it from here: http://linux.mtasa.com.
Our unique player count record is now 9150 players at the same time (set on 2012 Aug Sun 26th 17:30). This July, there have been over 250,000 unique players in total, which also sets a new record (compare this to 76,290 in July 2010 and 154,800 in July 2011).
We hope you enjoy our new release.
-- MTA Team