Cannonballs usersystem

So. Has anyone tried setting up Cannonballs usersystem resource and stumped at well, the terrible description?

I have done this a hundred times, And i will explain here in great detail with helpful images on how to set it up on Windows.

If you would like to know how to do so on Linux. Email me and i'll get that info to You. [email protected]

Firstly. To set up your MySQL server. The simplest way to do this would be to download xampp here http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641.

It's available for Windows, Linux Debian and Unix(Ubuntu).

For the first, We'll be dealing with Windows, since it is the easiest. The above link is to download the Windows installer, on that page You'll see a link called Installer, click on that.

Download the usersystem if you haven't already gotten it.

Here https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=744

Now. Install xampp and follow all the install windows and make sure you install the mysql and apache as services.

First.png

You've done that? Great!

Now comes the fun stuff.

Go to any browser, i use Google Chrome. But do whatever you want.

Type http://localhost/ a screen like this will come up

Second.png

Choose your language, in this case, i speak English, so We continue on.

then We come to this:

Third.png

Click the circled blue link "phpMyAdmin"

Which will take you here:

Fourth.png

For which we will be typing the name of the database, here i used usersystem, you can use whatever you want. Just remember that name, as it will be used in the resource on your server. Then click create as collation.

After clicking create this will come up:

Fifth.png

Click the blue circled "Privledges" then click the blue circled "Add a New User"

Here

Sixth.png

You will enter a username (later will be put in the usersystem resource)

Under host you will use localhost or 127.0.0.1

a password of your choice, i use password for my password for this demonstration.

Then click on the red circled Check All, and scroll to the bottom right of the page and click Go

Are you with us still? Hang in there, We are almost done. (With the hard stuff)

Alright. Now what to do with that mtarootdatabase.sql file Cannonball included in the SQL zip folder.

After you have clicked Go after entering your user information. This will come:

Seventh.png

Click the blue circled "usersystem" in other words, the name of that database you made. This will come:

Eigth.png

Click the blue circled "import" and you get this:

Ninth.png

You will click the blue circled Choose File, meaning. Choose the mtarootdatabase.sql file. and click Go at the bottom right.

And thus, Your MySQL database is set up. But, We aren't done here.

You'll need to find the cfg.lua file in the cfg folder in your usersystem resource.

*Important*The user system must run in a folder, not a zipped folder in your server.

In the cfg file. Here:

Tenth.png

You will type the name of the username you chose back in the add user phase.

The password you chose, for here, i use my own name "dylan" as my user, and password for the password, also i name my database "usersystem".

You got that? Right, now lets save that file.

Alright. Congrats Your done. Well, setting up all that non-sense.

Now comes the part most people don't know about.

Adding Your server modules.

We are in Windows OS mode right now. So. You'll need to download these two files

libmysql.dll

http://code.google.com/p/multitheftauto-modules/downloads/detail?name=libmysql.dll&can=2&q=

This file will be placed in the same place where the MTA Server.exe file is placed.

Also You will need:

mta_mysql.dll

http://code.google.com/p/multitheftauto-modules/downloads/detail?name=mta_mysql.dll&can=2&q=

In your \mods\deathmatch\modules\. You will need to create the modules folder yourself in the same place your resources folder is located.

And finally. In your mtaserver.cfg config file add

And that's it. Your good to go. If somewhere this doesn't work for You. It may be me messing up my explanation.

Need any help? Email me or add me on MSN. [email protected] :lol:

That's quite an extensive walkthrough Famas, well done. What's with the new name, though?

Cannonball's copyright is a bit misleading, apparently it isn't supposed to be shared under any circumstances and yet it's up on the community site for everyone to download and spread as they like. Oh well. Did he ever get around to finishing it? I remember he made a thread about it and seemed to be releasing updates or something, and then he disappeared off the face of the planet.

Well, his new name is because Famas is already taken from "french famas". And he didn't get time to finish it, he disapeared off the face off mta leaving tagless dead (lol). Although I see him on MSN sometimes....

That's quite an extensive walkthrough Famas, well done. What's with the new name, though?

Cannonball's copyright is a bit misleading, apparently it isn't supposed to be shared under any circumstances and yet it's up on the community site for everyone to download and spread as they like. Oh well. Did he ever get around to finishing it? I remember he made a thread about it and seemed to be releasing updates or something, and then he disappeared off the face of the planet.

Everyone knows you dont like me. Period. Not really much off a deal making posts about me, when you dont even care about it. So please stop doing it, I know your really "good" and all that stuff, I dont really care, but I think you should drop the whole hassle about me and DKR. ( You can't seem to let it go, do you? )

Anyhow - nice tutorial, I dont really think my description is terrible since I made clear:

You will have to have phpMyAdmin installed, otherwise this system wil not work

I made a usersystem - not the phpMyAdmin module. If you dont know, or dont have any expierence with it, leave it alone. :D

Everyone knows you dont like me. Period. Not really much off a deal making posts about me, when you dont even care about it. So please stop doing it, I know your really "good" and all that stuff, I dont really care, but I think you should drop the whole hassle about me and DKR. ( You can't seem to let it go, do you? )

Anyhow - nice tutorial, I dont really think my description is terrible since I made clear:

You will have to have phpMyAdmin installed, otherwise this system wil not work

I made a usersystem - not the phpMyAdmin module. If you dont know, or dont have any expierence with it, leave it alone. :D

Actually, its not required to run the usersystem, the usersystem uses a MySQL database with a few tables to store the PM's ( PM system worked better for the UCP in my opinion ), and the playerdata and the inventory stuff, and the shops too.

If someone made a simple install script that you can run, and delete afterwards, you would not even need PHPMyAdmin, at all.

And for most users this is the best option, since messing around with PhpMyAdmin is a risky thing, especially if you dont know what you are doing..

Same thing with me .

You kids are ruining Famas' thread, he clearly put a lot of time and effort into his tutorial and I complimented him on that. I didn't bring up anything to do with DKR or your theft of our content Cannonball, nor did I bring up your repeated attempted thefts CapY. I didn't even bring up Famas' theft of my work, I was staying strictly on-topic.

Indeed I am not fond of either of you because I believe people's work should be respected, not stolen/copied. I simply asked if the resource had ever been completed, and lol'd at your 'copyright' message. Neither of which required or warranted a response from either of you. I mainly wanted to compliment Famas on taking time to create something original and meaningful, that should be encouraged.

Please don't respond to this, leave Famas' thread to be used by people who are struggling with the supplied documentation, or for people to voice their appreciation for him taking the time to explain the installation process.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, i'm sorry if i bumping but i need assistance.

I have problems with shop, items won't show in the grid.

IMAGE(S):

http://screencast.com/t/7CEPXJsGm

http://www.screencast.com/users/GTX_/fo ... aba3ee9cd2

GUI:

http://www.screencast.com/users/GTX_/fo ... 28356e1005

The code:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump 
-- version 3.3.9 
-- [url=http://www.phpmyadmin.net]http://www.phpmyadmin.net[/url] 
-- 
-- Host: localhost 
-- Generation Time: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:22  
-- Server version: 5.5.8 
-- PHP Version: 5.3.5 

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO"; 

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */; 
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */; 
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */; 
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */; 

-- 
-- Database: `usersystem` 
-- 

-- -------------------------------------------------------- 

-- 
-- Table structure for table `store_items` 
-- 

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `store_items` ( 
  `id` int(255) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, 
  `itemname` varchar(80) NOT NULL, 
  `itemid` int(255) NOT NULL, 
  `itemvalue` int(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', 
  `catagoryid` int(255) NOT NULL, 
  `type` varchar(255) NOT NULL, 
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`) 
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=27 ; 

-- 
-- Dumping data for table `store_items` 
-- 

INSERT INTO `store_items` (`id`, `itemname`, `itemid`, `itemvalue`, `catagoryid`, `type`) VALUES 
(26, 'Shotgun', 25, 100, 0, 'weapon'); 

If someone knows the solution, please tell me.

P.S: I am kind of newbie with MySQL.