UBUNTU 12.04LTS + WINE entering game problem..

uldupits

Question

Ok so i have installed mta and it runs perfectly... untill i try to connect to a server. It shows up the "entering game..." window and than the game closes and i get some crash report window that gives an opinion to send a bug report and restart mta...

So has anyone ever had the same problem and has anyone fixed it? if so than how do i get rid of this dark curse..? :cry:

i can get this far....

fmtMlA8.png?2

But when i click connect....

DpElUsE.png?2

p.s.

If i ever fix this i will edit it in this post.

progress:

i managed to run mtadiag.. here is the log ...http://pastebin.com/6KpZY6hf

i got the plant1.txd file from another pc.. nothing changed.. answer is in the log but i cant read it.. :D

warning: be very careful when it comes to those "chmod" commnds i got some error and i have spent last 4hours fixing it.. but i think i got it..

[tags i guess :D]

crashes entering game crashing problem cant enter ubuntu linux 12.04 lts wine solution fix connecting servers dayz gta sa mta install.. (feel free to tell me if this is stupid cuz im a forum noob :D)

Edited by Guest

12 answers to this question

Oh, it happened to me (but I have Windows 7). I fixed it doing this:

*Put my GTA: San Andreas in another folder.

*Re-install Multi Theft Auto.

And It worked for me... Try that, and if that doesn't work... Install and run MTADiag (click here) and follow the instructions, please.

yeah, this is interesting... i thought its a ubuntu or wine problem, but just when i submited this post, i went to play at my other pc whitch i have been playing for months. and the weirdest thing happened - that eror report showed up when i quit the game..... - for the first time, just when i meet up with this error on my new ubuntu pc it shows up also at my old one suddently.. :idea: - so its most definatly a problem caused by mta or gta...

Please redownload MTADiag and provide a new log; it has MD5sum checking so we can determine if your grass file is corrupt.

but i got the grass file from another pc that has a working mta... i willl get the log as soon as i get my laptop fixed.. i changed permissions of var/lib folders and something went terribly wrong :D