Patching your 1.01 or 2.00 version of gta_sa.exe

Post your problems and questions regarding MTA:SA Client here.

Moderators: Scripting Moderators, Moderators

Patching your 1.01 or 2.00 version of gta_sa.exe

Postby Talidan on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:15 pm

This patcher will patch the following versions of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas:

• USA 1.01
  • USA 2.00
  • European 1.01
  • European 2.00
  • German 1.00
  • German 1.01
  • German 2.00
This patch does NOT turn your gta_sa.exe into a crack/No-CD, but converts your gta_sa.exe to a 1.00 EU version. Please make necessary backups in case something goes wrong; I am not responsible for damaged or lost files.

I have tested this personally, though please post if you have any problems while using the patcher.

Although you will be reverting back to a fully moddable version of the game, you will also lose bug fixes contained within 1.01+, so downgrade at your own risk. Remember, you can always upgrade back to 1.01 from this patched version. Should you experience any problems you can always reinstall GTA:SA.

Pick one of the following mirrors to download:

Thanks to Mike for testing and mista.maja for helping me get a German gta_sa.exe, and to nippy401 for letting me get ahold of GTA:SA 2.00 :)

I have added 2.0 support for DE, untested.

Regarding users of the Steam version of GTA: San Andreas
This patch is not compatible with the Steam version of San Andreas, primarily because the .exe is completely different. You can play the 1.0 version of San Andreas using a GTA SA 1.00 No CD (Google it). It should contain a gta_sa.exe. Install this inside your Steam installation directory for San Andreas, you shouldn't have to replace any files. You should now be able to install MTA:SA and use the Steam version of SA simultaneously.

EDIT: There have been numerous cases of people externally linking directly to the file. If you wish to link to the downgrader, I request that you link to this TOPIC, not directly to the file. This is to ensure that users having trouble post in this thread rather than creating new topics. If you would like to mirror it please contact an administrator.
Last edited by Towncivilian on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
Reason: Clarified wording and fixed typos/spacing.
Talidan
Godfather (The MTA Team)

Gang: VCP

Postby Jani on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:43 am

Nice add. Hopefully this will allow a lot of people with other region exe's and the hot coffee patch to play MTA.
Make sure to use the Search feature before posting a new topic.
Click here for detailed MTA: San Andreas server setup guides.
Jani
Past MTA Contributor

Gang: KFC

Postby mista.maja on Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:15 am

great job man... it really works... i can play without a nodvd crack now ;) well done :D
mista.maja

Postby Exoskeletor on Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:42 am

I want to ask something. if finally you made this great patch to work with version 2 also, when we are aplying it we loose every or some of the updates and fixes that 1.01 or 2 has made to san andeas and it is like that we havent install any patch?
Exoskeletor
Rat

Postby Talidan on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:01 am

Exoskeletor wrote:I want to ask something. if finally you made this great patch to work with version 2 also, when we are aplying it we loose every or some of the updates and fixes that 1.01 or 2 has made to san andeas and it is like that we havent install any patch?

Yes, you will lose fixes. however, i could have made the patch also modify your main.scm back to 1.0 version, but this would result in your savegames being corrupt. So although you are reverting back, your savegames will remain compatible, and you will lose any bug fixes in other version.

Good question, i'll add it to the first post
VCP FOREVER!
Talidan
Godfather (The MTA Team)

Postby Exoskeletor on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:55 am

Except that we can make a backup. Does this patch has an uninstall feature or will have in the future?
Exoskeletor
Rat

Postby Rayman380 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:31 am

Hey, I've got a v2 gta_sa.exe file, which I would be happy to contribute. I bought the game only 2 weeks ago.
Rayman380

Postby nippy401 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:20 am

yeah i have a v2.00 its all legal and 3 days old, please help
nippy401

omg

Postby supersam on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:45 am

dude i cant do :~ with mine it says something about my gta.sa.exe folder saying tht it cant find it i only bought mine yesterday and i tried loades of stuff
supersam
Rat

Postby Talidan on Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:23 pm

2.0 support was just added! Please test it i would like some feedback

Exoskeletor wrote:Except that we can make a backup. Does this patch has an uninstall feature or will have in the future?

No, i dont plan on having an uninstall - if people would like to revert back they always have the option of going to http://www.nomorehotcoffee.com or reinstall
VCP FOREVER!
Talidan
Godfather (The MTA Team)

Postby Mikeysama on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:08 pm

I have USA version 2.0, and when I tried to run the patch, it said it couldn't because I had an unknown version... I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SA, then applying the patch, but got the same error.
Mikeysama

Postby Face on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:31 pm

I also have the USA second edition, and I get an "unknown version" error. It may not be functional on US versions of 2.0 just yet.

Edit: Yes, I've been looking everywhere for something that will allow me to add *any* mods to the game. Yes, I registered just to provide feedback on this, which seems to be the closest I'll get without buying another copy.
Face

test of 2.0

Postby maxxneo on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:32 pm

HI i just bought 2.0 ,2 days ago . i tried the patch to revet it to lower or reverse patch . it said unknown version. how hard would it be to make a patch to update all ver to 2.0 or higher? im probly ask a lot but had to ask
i played vice city and have been anticapating san andreas
thanks maxx :?:
maxxneo

Postby Big Smoke on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:19 pm

I've got one question about V2. Is only the .exe changed? Because some other friends say other files are also changed, but they don't know wich are changed ;) .
Big Smoke
Square

Gang: Clan12

Postby Blokker_1999 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:23 pm

mutliple files have changed because R* had to remove the hot coffee content. However, as far as we know you only need to have a 1.0 exe to play MTA.
No keyboard detected.
Press F1 to continue.
Blokker_1999
Godfather (The MTA Team)

Gang: oMg

Next

Return to Client