Anti-virus recognition

I use Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, it's very popular and powerful.

However, MTA doesn't seem to recognise it on my PC and it keeps warning me that I should use an anti-virus because there are servers who try to fool people and install malware on players' computers bla bla bla.

Please consider adding Malwarebytes to your known anti-virus list idk :)

8zFN0de.png

Edited by Guest
Malwarebytes is not an antivirus product, but antimalware product.

However, I think that antimalware products should also be considered as antiviruses(on MTA) since it does pretty much the same thing.

Although malware and virus are [sort of] interchangeable terms, SunArrow is still right. Typically, anti-virus software actively scans for a variety of computer viruses and threats. Malwarebytes only scans when you want it to, hence the protection is not active as such.

However, I think that antimalware products should also be considered as antiviruses(on MTA) since it does pretty much the same thing.

Although malware and virus are [sort of] interchangeable terms, SunArrow is still right. Typically, anti-virus software actively scans for a variety of computer viruses and threats. Malwarebytes only scans when you want it to, hence the protection is not active as such.

Sorry, i just have to say this:

Malwarebytes has real time protection, it's not scan only type of software(it was scan only like in 2008 i believe)

Sorry, i just have to say this:

Malwarebytes has real time protection, it's not scan only type of software(it was scan only like in 2008 i believe)

Ah yes. I haven't used it since like 2008 or so. But I'm sure their real-time protection isn't as sophisticated as something like AVG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...