LUA Engine IDEA

You agree with that idea?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. You agree with that idea?

• Yes! A LUA Engine(2D or 3D) made by MTA Team will be good!
    • No! Waste of time to the MTA Team

LUA Engine IDEA? Yes, my suggestion is exactly what you are thinking now. If MTA Team can build an amazing mp mod to GTA:SA with LUA language, they can build an amazing LUA engine with same easiest functions.

LUA Engine can be 2D or 3D; Samples of 2D LUA Engine: Love2D, Agen, Corona & others; Examples of 3D LUA Engine: Maratis3D(Limited LUA), Guru3D(as script), Leadwerks Game Engine(best implementation) & others

And your question can be: why make a new LUA Engine if there exist a lot of it and my answer is: because engines have a lot of limitations and your main competitor will be Leadwerks Game Engine which haven't much limitation... MTA Team is exploring all sides from LUA language, "thing" which LUA Engines haven't make.

A poll was created, please vote on :)

Edited by Guest
There has never been any scheduled date or deadline for MTA releases. That is an automatically set date by Mantis.

And no, this is the stupidest idea ever.

Probably isn't a bad idea like you think. New possibilities and communities will appear and grow!

It is stupid. Just the fact that you think the MTA developers are gods is absolutely stupid. You have a wide range of game engines to use, and they are far from being limited. What is the problem with Love2D? Would you care to explain how it is limited?

It is stupid. Just the fact that you think the MTA developers are gods is absolutely stupid. You have a wide range of game engines to use, and they are far from being limited. What is the problem with Love2D? Would you care to explain how it is limited?

I don't believe on gods, but this is not an discussion... It's only a suggestion to the MTA Team or an other team which is searching ideas and not to the MTA:SA. LUA is an amazing language, but current engines haven't explored the potential from it like the MTA Team and his multiplayer mod.

Love2D haven't problems, but still have limitations... see the functions list on https://love2d.org/wiki/Main_Page. Anyway, have 2 ways: 2D or 3D Engine.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the one month bump, but I'd like to know what limitations you think there are of Love2D. I'll let the developers of Love know about your issues or send you in the direction of a fix for those issues. Love2D has worked fine for me these past three years.