GTAV Online? NO! MTA:V!

That looks good, what you think?

https://gta-mp.net/

WIll MTA Team working in something like this ?

There's enough work in MTA left that starting a totally new project would make no sense. Besides, there are many custom multiplayer mod projects going on right now on GTA:V. Just search and you'll find at least a ten of them. No need to competing.

You understood me wrong. I said MTA should keep continuing on this San Andreas and not go for GTA:V since it makes no sense to leave this mod unfinished. It would be more understandable if this mod was completely optimized, completely reworked and actually finished and has even more features than it currently has. Then, yes, maybe. But that's far away.

Nothing can be perfect, and what do you mean by finishing mta:sa?

In your case myonlake we (who want to keep Lua scripting on gta v and higher) should move to some other projects rather than mta

(lets be honest, san andreas will get too old and there will be left no players)

If mta eventually doesnt move to higher version of gta, it will simply die

Even if making mta v would take alot of time with such small developer group,its still better than quitting on mta, and setting san andreas as final mta modification

John Smith said:
Nothing can be perfect, and what do you mean by finishing mta:sa?

In your case myonlake we (who want to keep Lua scripting on gta v and higher) should move to some other projects rather than mta

(lets be honest, san andreas will get too old and there will be left no players)

If mta eventually doesnt move to higher version of gta, it will simply die

Even if making mta v would take alot of time with such small developer group,its still better than quitting on mta, and setting san andreas as final mta modification

The playerbase is still at 15,000 players and higher. At least yesterday I saw over 15,000 players playing at the same time.

So no, it's not going to die any time soon.

Just because you want to script in GTA:V does not mean Multi Theft Auto should be the base for that. It wasn't for GTA:IV either. There are various GTA:V online projects going on right now, so just go look at them if you so much want this to happen.

And MTA is a project the developers want to complete one day. That is what I mean by "finishing". It will never be completely over, but to get the Mantis list resolved and game running even better... that is what we are looking forward to. There is no reason to abandon or slow down progress in a modification that is running well, is popular and has already grown to be really big script-wise, community-wise and so on. It's just not an option, until the game is completely down at 0 players, which won't happen in the next ten years.

myonlake, i guess you are right.

Though what about GTA 6? It would come to pc like in 6 years and i believe that by then mta will be long finished, and ready to move forward?

(i know that its too early to even sleak about gta 6, but just curious what you think about this)

John Smith said:
myonlake, i guess you are right.

Though what about GTA 6? It would come to pc like in 6 years and i believe that by then mta will be long finished, and ready to move forward?

(i know that its too early to even sleak about gta 6, but just curious what you think about this)

Do you know how old MTA is?

GTA IV didn't stop MTA either.

Paid award for whoever makes MTA:V lol.

me too !

im willing to pay for mta5 , i think a lot more people will

maybe we can make a donations pot for it ?

just because i think that the online version that rockstar made is really crap !

i mean fuk off with police and the anoying lester cellphone calls

Paid award for whoever makes MTA:V lol.

me too !

im willing to pay for mta5 , i think a lot more people will

maybe we can make a donations pot for it ?

just because i think that the online version that rockstar made is really crap !

i mean fuk off with police and the anoying lester cellphone calls

People have donated more than enough money to get custom model IDs into the game, yet it has never been considered. No need to worry about MTA5, that'll never happen. Just someone else's name and someone else's script with less support.