Simple marker fix for 1.4

Why would we do that?

The marker is mainly made to do things when it gets hit, Not to check if he is actually in the marker or no then do things, this is a serious issue, things must stay logical, you have to trigger onMarkerHit only when the marker is actually hit.

I don't know if this issue is serious enough, but the fact that markers work incorrectly still remains true. Events are supposed to be triggered when the player enters the marker. Now they can be triggered when the player doesn't really enter the marker. That's obviously incorrect behavior. Now the best workaround is creating a collision tube. Adding the conditional statement based on height will prevent the actions from taking place when player enters the marker from above. Doesn't happen often, but still possible, and using collision tube for detection is more accurate.

As for keeping the old scripts working, maybe some compatibility option could be provided (like 'legacy' argument for 'getElementMatrix'), but it's very unlikely that there are any scripts which rely on such incorrect and unintuitive behavior.

So this is it, I'm not the one to decide if fixing the markers is worth it, but that would do more good than bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Manve1, he wasn't talking about dimensions, he was meaning if you are under(or above) the marker (instead of inside) the event "onMarkerHit" or "onClientMarkerHit" will trigger.

I am neither talking about dimensions of gta sa, i am talking about getting the height,width and length of the marker and adding that into the function so you could set easily the size of a hit box on the marker you want to have.

• 1 month later...
Manve1, he wasn't talking about dimensions, he was meaning if you are under(or above) the marker (instead of inside) the event "onMarkerHit" or "onClientMarkerHit" will trigger.

I am neither talking about dimensions of gta sa, i am talking about getting the height,width and length of the marker and adding that into the function so you could set easily the size of a hit box on the marker you want to have.

You have said in other reply "if getElementDimension(...",

So You were talking about that.

Please tell me where i said "getElementDimension", i can see that i talked about marker dimensions and i said "if markerDimension..."